Monday, January 5, 2015

The New Year:

So this week was really good, we were able to teach all of our current investigators so it was really good. We are also pretty set up for a solid week this week as well. We were able to teach probably the most lessons that I have taught in a week my entire mission and probably Elder Devitts as well, so it was good. Our new investigators names are Liam and Justin and also a family that I don't know yet because we had  exchanges with the zone leaders last week so I was in Glaucester on Friday when they taught the lesson to them. I was with Elder Winters. He is an interesting fellow, nice but interesting.Interesting cool fact about the Gloucester cathedral is that parts of it were used to film Harry Potter.
The finding referral that we got was a bust she didn't want a BofM. I think someone is messing with us because Elder Devitt and Elder Kennedy had a couple of those last transfer and we got three more. Man I wish they were all real. We have four investigators and a family we are teaching now but I would love more. It makes the time go by

So our district includes us the sisters and the Evesham elders. With the sisters we just split Worcester right down the middle and the same with Malvern the small next town over. But we have city centre and they have the university but there is a standing invitation for either of us to gq in the others area because we are so close and just because we split Worcester doesn't mean that the people obey that rule so we pretty much have the whole thing. Malvern we split at the train tracks and we have one side and they have the other. then we both have a bunch of open space and other little towns around Worcester but none of them have town centres to gq at so its just more tracking area and right now Worcester has plenty of finding to be done. We haven't gone to much in any area beside Malvern because Malvern is where a lot of members live so we are there for Dinner about 3 times a week depending on the week.

Today we went to the Worcester cathedral it is just down the street from us. It was the inspriation for the Salt Lake Temple design. I took some pictures and will send them to you.

 

Last Weeks News:


Son boxing day we spent the day with members so I didn't get the chance to shop much, and there wasn't that great of sales any way so we are going to go today and look to see if there are any that will fit me. We got gift cards from the Nolan's for Christmas we are going to go to the store named Burton here its really nice, and we will see if we can find any trousers that fit and then I won't be spending that much because of the gift card. it was kind of funny I expected to get a lot more ties and socks from the members but I only got one tie and a couple of pairs of socks mostly we got a lot of chocolate and other food which is nice but I don't think that I will be able to eat it all or I will be sick ( Elder Devitt is trying to be healthy so he doesn't want any of the chocolate) so depending on how all that goes down I may not need new trousers. but along with that we have both made resolutions to work out better in the mornings so maybe not we will see.
 PS: we played a really fun board game with them it was called talisman I don't know if you would like it it is a long game of stragegy and roling dice to see who wins but it was fun for me.

The new year we wont be partying to much because we have to be back in our flat by 6 so it will be a pretty chill night. I was kind of wondering why when I was back in Burton why we had to be back in but since I have got to Worcester I understand. It is a mission wide rule for a reason because we live right at the end of the street of a bunch of pubs and just Friday nights are pretty interesting around here so I can't imagine new years.

Prety cool Christmas gifts for this week were some new investigators and so we were really happy we have a lesson tonight and on Thursday with two new investigators and I think because of Christmas time all of the family's in the ward that have missionaries out are thinking about there sons and so we are getting a lot of dinner appointments. I have only had to cook dinner once this week and probably wont again till Friday sweeeeet. and to be fair we have saved a lot of money not having to cook our own food so we bought a chippy instead of cooking on Saturday man I love kebabs.

Love Elder Poll
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment