Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Watch out for pigeons!!!

 So i got pooped on by a pigeon, and my bike helmet got stolen but its okay I am doing fine.


Ya it has been one of those kind of weeks. it started out pretty awesome we had a week full of good stuff planned. Tuesday was good some of our appointments canceled but we were okay good weather and good work got done, and we had a DA with a member that loves horses so I got to talk horses for like an hour with her, (she is the one that wants to see pictures of the horses please send some) and then we also baked cookies to take to our investigators because that is what previous missionaries said they had done so we tried our best, I thought they tasted good.
Wednesday was good we had a lesson with a couple and that went really good I think then we went up to Ponty pool area and stopped by some people up there and had dinner with them and our new member came as well and that was awesome.Thursday was were things started to go badly for me. the morning was fine all good just a bit rushed. Our interview with president go moved up at the last second so we rushed to a train, had district meeting and interviews and that was really good President Leopard is really cool and chill. then we came back and with trains it always takes you twice as long to do something than needs to be done, so we didn't get back till 5:40 but that's okay then we went straight to a DA with brother Forward and that was good as always that guy is a spiritual giant, then we went to meet with a less active in town and that's when it happened the great poop. We were sitting on a bench in town talking to him and just out of the blue a pigeon swoops and poops and it hit me on the hand the head and the back, i do feel a bit luck because it wasn't like the black and white poops it was clear like pee or some thing but it was still gross and our investigator and Elder D. laughed at me. So we got back to the flat I changed and washed my head and hand and tried to forget about it. then on Friday everything was going fine a few of our lessons flogged or canceled on us but that's normal for missionary life, one had just gotten out of the hospital and didn't feel well enough to meet with us, so we went and did a little tracting and that's when my helmet got nicked (stolen sorry British English) while we had our bike locked up. we locked our bikes up but usually we don't worry to much about our helmets because who really wants to steal a sweaty nasty helmet and especially mine it has a few dents in it from my wreck and ya its just rubbish but they took mine and left elder D. and his is like brand new mine is three years old. but anyway I was without a helmet for a few days. we went back to our flat and all elder D could do was laugh at me, and also the weather on Friday was awful rain pouring down all day. I changed my cloths once and almost twice but by the time you get soaked through the second time you are just used to it so I didn't bother to change again. 
On Saturday we were pretty booked up with appointments so I didn't think I would have time to look for a helmet but then one of our appointments flogged so we went a looked at one store and they wanted 15£ for a helmet and I wasn't going to pay that much and we didn't have time to look at any other shops so I just went without. I was just really careful. Yesterday it rained all day pretty much again so we were all decked out in our rain gear water proof trousers and i got smarter and double jacketed, because no matter how good of a water proof you have it will go through at some point so I put on two one to get rid of most of the water and one to keep the rest off of me. and it was a good day two lessons and a DA, then later that night after planning there was a knock on our door and  an investigator of ours (we had mentioned that my helmet got stolen and she must have mentioned it to,  her uncle who's wife is a member) he came and gave me a helmet and said that he hadn't even opened it and had had it for 20 years because he always meant to ride his bike but never did, so now I have a helmet.

So that has been our epic adventure of the week.

love you guys!

Elder Poll

No comments:

Post a Comment